Menu
rayhgte
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

wont verfiy

just had tv installed this morning told problem would be resolved within 2 hours. basic lies. 8 hours later no tv wont verify phone call doesn't resolve issue will be having equipment removed its not fit for purpose and will close direct debit.  reporting to bbc watchdog. simply taking your money and not providing a service has to be fraudulent practice. 

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: wont verfiy

You seem to be in a rush to condemn VM, you really should give them a chance to put things right by phoning in to them with your problem.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Shweby
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are ongoing activation issues regarding new installs of v6's and tivo's which is affecting customers nationwide. This has been going on all day. Just sit tight, your not the only one with this problem.

Wall-e
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would still call customer services. Have your new box serial number ready. It’s on the bottom of the box and usually starts AAAX

0 Kudos
rayhgte
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

already done that. no joy. told its a national problem which is another lie my son lives up the road his virgin tv is working fine.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

..but he’s not trying to install and activate a new box.

0 Kudos
Shweby
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@rayhgte wrote:

already done that. no joy. told its a national problem which is another lie my son lives up the road his virgin tv is working fine.

Its only affecting customers who are having boxes activated TODAY. Its not affecting customers who already have an active box. Phoning customer services wont help. The tech who visited you today would have shut the job down as D5 system down time, trust me ive had it myself today. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In addition, I suspect it may affect anyone restarting a box.

CB631D15-28DD-4B14-A5A5-1DBC7CF7739D.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi rayhgte, 

Welcome to our forums! 

I'm sorry to see you were effected by the activation issues we had last week. This should have now been resolved, if not or you're experiencing any further problems please let us know and we will do our best to help. 

Thanks,  

Hetty_R
0 Kudos