cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall socket

OpNamara
Just joined

Hello! Just moved into a new property today, to find there’s no virgin wall socket for my quick start equipment

gave virgin a call and the lass on the phone asked me to verify myself 3 times, she puts me on hold and then hangs up on me, I’m now stuck talking to a robot because it’s asking me for a password I didn’t even create, I’m absolutely livid and have no idea what to do, I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone, when all I need is an engineer to come out and sort things, any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OpNamara,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you were having issues with your quick-start installation. We can understand the frustration caused.

I have had a look at our system and I can see you have been able to book an appointment to get this resolved. How has service been since the appointment? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs