cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virginmedia-vmp doesn't work

Baphomet73
Joining in

Got my Virgin Hub 3 installed. Brand new to Virgin. I've changed the SSID of my hub no problem, but after several resets of the booster and the instructions of the installer and the reverse of the booster (http://virginmedia-vmp) does not take me to any settings page etc. Also the connect app fails to recognise the password of the booster, or the settings password on the hub. So I'm stuck with a hub that works fine but a booster with a different ID and password. I have followed all guides, advice on the forum etc. And if I reset my hub, I'll lose connection to my additional V6 box upstairs (which happened when I first renamed my hub). Is there a relatively simple solution? And could virgin please fix the vmp link, as I'm sure this would cure the issue. Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
12 REPLIES 12

EightBall
Superfast

Log into the router and check your connected devices. One of them will be the plug. Copy and paste its IP address into your web browser and hey presto.

@EightBall wrote:

Log into the router and check your connected devices. One of them will be the plug. Copy and paste its IP address into your web browser and hey presto.

Worked a treat!!! App was useless!! Thanks for your help!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😁

Glad to be of service!

I've tried the IP method and the virginmedia-vmp address and neither works - any other suggestions?

@rogermarsden85 wrote:

I've tried the IP method and the virginmedia-vmp address and neither works - any other suggestions?

Yep, start your own thread as this one was solved.

You need to use the IP address of the WiFi booster not the IP address of the wired booster. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Worked as a charm ... 🙂 Thanks

You are a legend. I've been on the phone and virgin whatsapp service trying to get this sorted for hours. Thanks a mill.

Thanks. Is finally working. 

Gosh, that Virgin Connect app is just AWFUL. It would never sync to my wifi settings.