cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unwanted cables

Omanpat
Joining in

I do not have a Virgin account but I do have Virgin media cables trailing across my front garden/path. I did not ask for the cables to be installed nor was my permission requested.

They are a significant falls risk and I want them removed. I have tried several times to get this arranged but nothing has happened. I am getting very angry with this lack of respect for my property.

If there is an accident I will hold Virgin responsible.

Please arrange to have the removed asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

The best thing would be to take a couple of pictures of the cables and post them up here - that'll help the forum team to work out the best approach to this.

Have you just moved in to the property and the cables were already there, or has a neighbour just had VM installed and the cables were run across your property?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jem101
Superstar

The best thing would be to take a couple of pictures of the cables and post them up here - that'll help the forum team to work out the best approach to this.

Have you just moved in to the property and the cables were already there, or has a neighbour just had VM installed and the cables were run across your property?

These are the unwanted and unasked for cables!!

78E03693-A2EF-4A17-95EA-D8CE8AABC6BB.jpeg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM need "wayleave permission" to run their cables over "your" property.

Perhaps that may have been granted by a previous owner of the property?

Or is that area under shared ownership?

Have the cables just appeared and are you "sure" they are VM's - hard to tell from the photo.

And also where do they emanate from and where do they terminate? Photos of that perhaps

That is... are they serving a neighbour or other VM customers in the same locations (flats?)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Omanpat wrote:

These are the unwanted and unasked for cables!!

You have not answered the questions posed by @jem101 nor provided too much useful information to help answer your query.

There appears to be two sets of cables in the photo. Where are they coming from and going to? If the cables do not serve your property, are they serving your neighbour(s)?

If the cables are serving another property/VM customer, taking them out may be more complicated, as might the reason they came to be there to begin with, unless you know the history yourself.

How did the cables come to be there?

The more info you can provide, the more likely it is you will get useful help on the forum.

I have lived in my property for 20 years and have never given permission for these cables on my property. There is no shared ownership.

They were "discovered" when work was done by builders to remove a flower bed in my garden.

I have checked with my neighbours and they do not own or use them.

I had BT out to check them (as I thought they may be theirs) and they have advised me they are Virgin cables.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So they have been there under the flower bed for at least 20 years. Not unusual, I still have Nynex cables under my front garden from the installation I had ~25 years ago. They could have been there from a previous occupant >20 years ago.

Where do they run from, and where to though? That is - they may they be serving a live connection somewhere?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

They just seem to be coming from the under the pavement and under my garden wall. Attached to the white wall box where BT have their wires.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If that's to a BT box then they may well be BT cables.

Its a bit confusing.... so can you post up some more photos of the cables and the Box they go into in close-up .

Does another cable emerge from the white box and go into your property or any other ones nearby ?

--------------------
John
--------------------