cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

underground cable repair cost

chrisdan1
Joining in

How much will virgin charge me to reconnect/repair an underground broadband/telephone cable in my garden that i accidentally damaged (cut with spade) while digging to install my new fence?

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
… I did the same on my front lawn … phoned them … was polite and explained the situation .. came next day and re-joined it … at no extra cost! … ZvnK ...

thanks for that , was this recently as maybe the policy has changed, also i am on 200meg broadband would it be a more expensive cable to fix ie fibre optic?

chrisdan1
Joining in

has anyone been charged for repair when they accidentally damaged their vm cable between street and house (200 meg service) fibre optic?

Hi Unfortunately if it's a non fault issue there will be a charge for it, so everyone that has to have an engineer attend under those circumstances has to pay, a lesson in being more careful in future.Regards Micky

the standard fee for any chargeable job is £99.
if virgin deem it chargeable then that will be the cost.

either way, you need to phone it in as a fault, and explain what the fault is and why it's a fault.
they will then know what is required to fix it.

I don't see how it's a fault if a hidden cable is damaged.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I don't see how it's a fault if a hidden cable is damaged.

well it's a fault in that the service is no longer working.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I think Roger is right - if VM dont want to have damaged cables when running under a garden - they should protect them in tubing. I thought they "used" to do that?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.