Menu
punkrock101
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

trial virgin hub 3.0

Hi

I would like to see about getting my white Virgin hub 3.0 that I got in the trial back in 2015 swapped for a proper hub 3.0 as the GUI is slow as hell and takes mins to change settings. phoned customer service and the agent couldn't replace it but there is defiantly an issue. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: trial virgin hub 3.0

Nothing different hardware wise in the Hub3. I’m still using my original one ok. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ditto, still using the old white model.
Highlighted
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tudor wrote:

Nothing different hardware wise in the Hub3. I’m still using my original one ok. 

@Adduxi wrote:
Ditto, still using the old white model.

Of course being an ex SuperUser (recently banned) I have to be a tad obscure  when "speculating" that VM/LG are still testing SH3/4 thru different hardware/firmware/"software" variations irrespective of cosmetic "original circa Sept2015" white enclosure and later "black" enclosures.

Unfortunately hardware variations may not always be limited to Trial releases which is why I suggest publishing both hardware and  soft/firmware versioning for each VMDG505/5xx/6xx model!  

If a community reader is a member of SU/BB Trial group then of course they're bound by "implied NDA/Confidentiality Agreement" and  SHOULD/MUST NOT DISCLOSE ANY TRiAL details on Community forums!

However, As a balanced/objectiive(?) reply some  SH3/4  hardware/firmware variations currently look optimistic.......

Unfortunately due to several "loose cannons/mavericks" (like myself) that have been "stripped of SU title" (in our naive attempt to support community users) then I've no wish to waste Forum Management/Admin time in constantly policing "what is Speculation versus privileged Trial experience". ( A question I predicated to Forum Leader/Management several years ago in both writing and SU podcasts and still remains unanswered, before they succumbed to a "witch-hunt" since 2016 to silence these "awkward" questioners) .  😞

However -  that said- I'll apologise in advance for duplicating this post in any future PM to some/all contributors, in the (hopefully unlikely) event that for yet another asinine reason it's deemed contrary to forum T&C's and deleted from the community? 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

best news I read all day 🙂
0 Kudos