Menu
jimwalker1943
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tivo.....scart

i am intending buying a new tv, but all the ones i have looked at do not have a scart connection [ unlike my current one ]    can these sets still be connected to my tivo box

0 Kudos
jimwalker1943
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

scart connection

thinkin about gettin new tv...the ones i like to not have scart connections..how does this affect connection to virgin media box

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: scart connection

All Virgin TV TiVo, V6 and 360 boxes have an HDMI connection so it won't be a problem.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo.....scart

Good evening,

The majority of new TV's do not have scart connections instead they now run through HDMI which provides a better quality image. 

Your Tivo box will run via hdmi you will just need to replace the scart cable you Currently use with a hdmi cable. 

Hope this helps

Thank you

Joe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi as has been stated, HDMI cables have replaced scarts, you will get a much better picture in HD using that connection, TVs are no longer made with scart ports. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: scart connection

Your other thread has already been answered on this best to avoid multiple posting on the same subject.
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jimwalker1943 wrote:

i am intending buying a new tv, but all the ones i have looked at do not have a scart connection [ unlike my current one ]    can these sets still be connected to my tivo box

On a different point, also check the new TV has an ethernet port so you can use wired ethernet rather than wifi.  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos