cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

techinician never pop by. Impossible to contact support as they ask for security password that I dont hav

damien2
Joining in

Hello there,

After I tried to call support several time, they cannot access my account details as I don't pass the security stages. That is very very frustrating.

We have tries the security password, did not work, then my email address, the amount of my last bill and the data of my debit order, everything failed. I have the impression that the system is not functional at all for the people trying to help us at the end of the phone.

How can I ask for a reset of my security password so that I can finally be supported correctly?

Thx for your answers and help.

3 REPLIES 3

Z92
Trouble shooter

Your password will be the memorable word you entered when you signed up. It's not your VM online password.

If you can't pass security though you can ask for a reminder to be sent in the post.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi damien2,

Your customer verification password/passphrase  is  on your original correspondence from VM. See screenshot below for details.

VM changed the procedure for the verification passphrase earlier this year, I believe it was around late April/early May..

If you have a  VM landline and call them from that they should also be able to ask you for  serial numbers from your VM equipment as a means of verification. They should then be able to reset your memorable word during the call.

Otherwise it's as Z92 suggested, you will have to ask them to send a reminder through the post.

A member of the VM Forum Team may be able to pick this up for you and help.

security detailssecurity details

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @damien2.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are unable to access your account.

Have you tried the suggested advice above? If not please can you try this? 

Please let us know how it is going.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide