Menu
beniji
Tuning in
Message 21 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

Thanks Ralph - I think (touch wood) I've improved the situation a lot (but could just be luck!) by re-configuring the AV500 powerline adaptor a bit, and running a constant ping every second from my laptop to the SuperHub (suspecting that the powerline chip is going to sleep so need to keep it busy).

So far I've had 0% packet loss over the last 4 hours between my laptop (on powerline WiFi) and the SuperHub, and 1.1% packet loss from laptop to an Internet host.

External thinkbroadband ping monitor graph (to my Virgin WAN IP) does not show any packet loss

SuperHub metrics appear to be normal.

Will see how it goes over next few days! 

0 Kudos
nick_gau
Joining in
Message 22 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone found a solution to or an explanation for this problem? My wireless connection is now dropping every 20-30 minutes. VM phone support can not really do much else than telling me that you have to live with this as there may be interference. As someone accurately mentioned in an earlier post - you can maintain the connection to the supberhub GUI so clearly it can not be interference that is causing the problem. I am running at 5GHz and I am sitting 2 meters away from the superhub.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 23 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi nick_gau, 

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know that your connection is dropping every 20 - 30 minutes, I understand some frustration maybe caused by this so apologies for any bother.

I've had a look at the connection from this end and I can see that there's a very large number of T3 and T4 time outs inside the Hubs logs. An engineer will be required to visit and investigate things further.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. It would be great if you could reply to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KarenB54
Joining in
Message 24 of 192
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem and is very annoying. Everyday we continue to lose conNecton, starting to consider moving over to Sky as its driving us mad
Karen Barron
0 Kudos
beniji
Tuning in
Message 25 of 192
Flag for a moderator

My laptop connection is still dropping out, and now the only way to reconnect is to turn WiFi off and on again on my laptop.

As before:

- Macbook Air, Virgin Superhub - when first connecting to WiFi everything is fine.

- after some time, packets destined for the public Internet receive no reply (whilst internal LAN is fine).

Once again, this laptop is absolutely fine on all other WiFi networks I use it on, so it is not a problem with the laptop. It appears to be that after some time the Virgin router just stops forwarding public IP traffic correctly for certain hosts.

Can someone from Virgin please assist!?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 26 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi beniji, 

Thanks for getting in touch! I am sorry to learn that your laptop connection is still dropping out, I understand this must be annoying for you so I offer my apologies.

I've checked over the connection from here and both of your upstream power levels are too high as well as a large number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs. An engineer will be required to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

0 Kudos
ittaff
Tuning in
Message 27 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

For the last few weeks I've been suffering pretty much the same problem; wifi internet dropping out every few minutes. Wired internet fine, devices connected to the Superhub via wifi, but internet connectivity dropping out continuously via the wifi. I've rebooted the hub countless times and now reset it. The family is ready to kill me if it's not sorted soon. It's exam time so internet is essential for the kids revision and work. The hub has been in the same position it is in since I first had BLUEYONDER Broadband and nothing has been added to the house (or next door) to cause interference and the dropouts. I've also checked the Channel and there is no interference from neighbours. It's been on Channel 11 for years. Please could you help.

Thank

Simon

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi ittaff, 

Thanks for posting to let us know that you've been having similar issues with your broadband dropping Wi-Fi connection, I appreciate this can be frustrating so apologies for any troubles.

I've checked things over from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred range across the upstream and downstream also.

In regards to what you've mentioned it would seem you're experiencing some wireless interference, have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if that makes a difference for you.

Also here's some great Wi-Fi tips on getting the best wireless networking signal, I hope there's some information of use to you.

Failing that you can try a factory reset of the Hub. The post back here to let me know how you get on.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

0 Kudos
Danny_B
Tuning in
Message 29 of 192
Flag for a moderator

From last big rain around two weeks ago, I have problems with my broadband. It last few minutes or more, even an hour or two after superhub restart and then I have limited service and no external IP.  If I restart superhub I have network again. The superhub is work well, no wi-fi signal dropping. I have superhub ac. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
beniji
Tuning in
Message 30 of 192
Flag for a moderator

@Adam_L : the engineer has just visited.

He replaced the Superhub with another one (same model).

Unfortunately (as suspected, and as I tried to explain) the problem still remains.

It's a problem with the Superhub.

The only thing left to try is to upgrade to a new Superhub 3.

0 Kudos