Menu
Whaggs111
Tuning in
Message 131 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

Dear Ralph,

Thanks for checking.  What does noise ingress mean?

Michaela

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 132 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michaela,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

The easiest way to describe this fault is like a noise or crackle on your telephone line, in this case it's affecting the broadband signal and performance. There's a really good thread here that explains this in more detail.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
minx29
Joining in
Message 133 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Well i have the superhub 3 and it keeps dropping internet connection which is really annoying as playing online games i lost winnings!  so will be asking for the superhub2ac also notice when turning tv on it says WEAK SIGNAL but as soon as i press virgin remote for tv it manages to link to channels. On home phone really bad connection breaks up a lot. Hopeing a techy here can help . I use a ethernet cable to make sure of connection

0 Kudos
terryall
Joining in
Message 134 of 192
Flag for a moderator

After years of Virgin routers working perfectly I recently had a new SH3 installed and, yet again, I lose the connection every 30 mins or so. The biggest problem is that phones and iPads automatically swap to 4G without anyone noticing so we are using up our data allowance very quickly. I’ve read all the forums threads on this and tried the usual remedies but nothing works. Im in the London SE12 area. As I’ve not read about one person having this problem fixed I’m not sure what to do about this now. Come on Virgin Media - either fix the problem or give me back the old SH2 which worked fine. 

0 Kudos
frahar
Tuning in
Message 135 of 192
Flag for a moderator

I had this infuriating problem many months ago. Trying to work on my PC was just awful, I gave up many many times, I had the guy out who fixes my PC when needed, he said it was Virgin-my PC was working fine until the Superhub. I had the Virgin  engineer out, no change, rang the help line many times, no change. My own personal opinion was that they are over subscribed. Backed up eventually by one of the engineers & some of the other subscribers to this board.

My advice to anyone is-go back to the Superhub 2 . Virgin took a long time to send me the 2, but eventually it arrived & all my problems I had for the previous 9-10 months--disappeared in an instant.   Job Fixed. 

0 Kudos
Whaggs111
Tuning in
Message 136 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Well, despite what Ralph said...absolutely nothing has changed and the internet still drops out constantly.  Anyone from Virgin got any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
Whaggs111
Tuning in
Message 137 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi I can't help but suspect you're right about Virgin being oversubscribed. My neighbour got Virgin and it got worse and recently one of my other neighbours must have got it as another Virgin signal popped up and the drop out problem has deteriorated even further. Infuriating.
0 Kudos
mikelea15
Tuning in
Message 138 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi I also have the same issue with my SH3. I've been with Virgin since Septemer as they were already at the premises i moved to. I figured i would keep everything easy.. However this does not seem to be the case and i'm beginning to get very frustrated with the router disconnecting from the internet and rebooting so far as i can tell. Can someone help to resolve this.

Many thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 139 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear this Mike,

I've located your account info and it appears you're currently being affected by an SNR fault within the area under the ticket reference F005972489, with a review set for 15 FEB 2018.

I'm sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Hopefully, this will get resolved for you very soon!

Let me know if I can assist with anything further,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mikelea15
Tuning in
Message 140 of 192
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat_J,

are you able to give me an update on weather this has been fixed? Or how i can check the ticket reference?

Many thanks

Mike

0 Kudos