Menu
Iansargent
Joining in
Message 201 of 216
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

Hi.

This has started happening to us tonight, Wi-Fi cuts out every few minutes.

The network shows up again quickly but we then have to actively connect to it to regain internet.

Extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
Iansargent
Joining in
Message 202 of 216
Flag for a moderator

Ok it's quickly deteriorated to cutting out every minute or two.

Making it impossible to even troubleshoot the issue.

0 Kudos
ladygunner
Tuning in
Message 203 of 216
Flag for a moderator

this is a long term regular occurrance for me also,all they tell you is the connection is fine,they are responsible for connection only wifi is free and they have no control over it,waste of time

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 204 of 216
Flag for a moderator

Have you considered using the Hub in Modem mode and a relatively cheap Router like the Archer C7.  They cost around £40 and might improve your Wifi issues.

In all the years I've been with VM, I've never used any of the Hubs as Routers, they go straight to Modem mode with another Router.  It saves so much grief Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ladygunner
Tuning in
Message 205 of 216
Flag for a moderator

yes they advised me to get a tp link router claiming this would fix all problems including my wifi cameras and firesticks not being able to connect,did nothing at all to fix anything still nothing works and wifi intermittent at best ,they do not want to know despite all problems occurring when super hub 3 was installed,everything worked fine before then now they claim all my devices are faulty like I said they are a waste of time just want your money

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 206 of 216
Flag for a moderator

@ladygunner wrote:

yes they advised me to get a tp link router claiming this would fix all problems including my wifi cameras and firesticks not being able to connect,did nothing at all to fix anything still nothing works and wifi intermittent at best ,they do not want to know despite all problems occurring when super hub 3 was installed,everything worked fine before then now they claim all my devices are faulty like I said they are a waste of time just want your money

Getting your own wifi router or access point should solve all your wifi issues - it's worth it for a quiet life on the internet.  As this is a mega-thread you have joined in on I haven't gone back to see if you have tried this - if not give it a go.

Go into the Hub3 settings and in smart wifi disable the "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change 'em to xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with (the same) password you like,  save settings and restart Hub.  Over wifi you can then select the network that you want each device to connect to individually.  See if that helps. 

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Miggs2002
Tuning in
Message 207 of 216
Flag for a moderator

Hi, as of last night our super hub decided not to let us connect, when I trying connecting via a laptop it just fails, when I try via android phones it flickers between connecting then not without getting a stable connection, I have reset the network settings via the laptop and have even done a hard reset via the hub but to no avail, when I tried to access the hub interface via 192.168.0.1 and even 100.1 it just says site can't be reached, the hub has not been moved since we first got it many moons ago and no new electrical devices have been purchased for some time so I'm ruling out any interference, I'm guessing it's just tired and has given up on us, any help would be appreciated 

Miggs

0 Kudos
Miggs2002
Tuning in
Message 208 of 216
Flag for a moderator

Right, I've just spent the last hour using the ether et cable to get the hub to work, I get to log in for about 30 seconds then it turns off and back on again without any changes taking affect, am I going to need a new hub? I have 1 child in college who needs Internet access and another doing GCSE stuff this year also needing the Internet, I need to get this sorted ASAP please

Miggs

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 209 of 216
Flag for a moderator

If you have a faulty hub report it now to VM by calling them.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 210 of 216
Flag for a moderator

Hi Miggs2002

I’m really sorry to hear of these issues you've been having with the hub.

I'm unable to locate your account so I’ve sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional information to help me look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules