Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 161 of 194
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

Hi mikelea15,

Apologies for your poor connection. This is due to low SNR and errors on the upstream network segment to which your Hub connects.

Fault ref: F006114209 has been raised and a network technician is investigating. As the fault is intermittent locating the source of the noise ingress may be a little problematic. I shall keep you updated as and when any progress is made if you like Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mikelea15
Tuning in
Message 162 of 194
Flag for a moderator

To be honest Jen, I would rather cut all ties with virgin, if you can't provide a reliable service then you are in breach of contract. Therefore I should  be able to cancel all services that are provided for by you.

This has been going on for far too long since the 2nd of february and we're now coming in to April. I don't know about you but i don't find this acceptable.

Can you look in to getting services cancelled for me and at no cost to myself. I will begin to get the ombudsman involved in this issue.

Many thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mikelea15
Tuning in
Message 163 of 194
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad that virgin media can stick to a firm date

Virgin Media Outage Update - Description: Service update. Broadband, Voice and TV fault F005972489. The latest update we have is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way. The estimated repair time is now: 04/04/2018 12:30:00. The Virgin Media Team.- ID: F005972489. Best wishes, the Virgin Media Team.

Virgin Media Outage Update - Description: Service update. Broadband, Voice and TV fault F005972489. The latest update we have is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way. The estimated repair time is now: 02/04/2018 12:30:00. The Virgin Media Team.- ID: F005972489. Best wishes, the Virgin Media Team.

Virgin Media Outage Update - Description: Service update. Broadband, Voice and TV fault F005972489. The latest update we have is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way. The estimated repair time is now: 30/03/2018 17:30:00. The Virgin Media Team.- ID: F005972489. Best wishes, the Virgin Media Team.

And yet still no response from my previous message regarding cancelling given your unable to provide me with a reliable service.

0 Kudos
mikelea15
Tuning in
Message 164 of 194
Flag for a moderator

Ohh text message to say the fault is fixed.... get home alas no it hasn't unsurprising for Virgin media really and the distinct lack of replies, rude customer service. Roll on September i'll be leaving your awful awful service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 165 of 194
Flag for a moderator

Hello mikelea15, 

Really sorry for the on-going connection problems. I can see an active SNR fault in your area under ref: F005972489 which is due for review on the 6th at around 12:30. Please post back to us tomorrow so we can provide an update. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gekko
Tuning in
Message 166 of 194
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. Not sure whether it's etiquette to post my connection issues on this long-running thread or start a new one, but here goes.

For the past few weeks, I've been suffering from frequent dropouts. It's now happening several times a day.

The connection between devices and the hub appears to still be in place, but the dropouts cause every device connected to the hub to go offline. The 'ready' light goes off or blinks when this is happening. Connectivity is normally restored after a few minutes but occasionally requires a hub reboot to fix.

There were some known issues in the area a few weeks back and other households reported issues via a local online forum. However, the service status is reporting a good service so I'm now unsure whether it's just me who is affected. It's hard to figure out anything when I use the tests available on the VM website, as I can only run them when the wifi is working so they report back as the service being fine. 

Please could you advise?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 167 of 194
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this Gekko,

I've located your details and everything appears to be within range from this end at the moment.

Have you tried Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to potentially improve this type of connection?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Gekko
Tuning in
Message 168 of 194
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat. Thanks for investigating. I did try changing my channel a few weeks back but it made no difference. However, I've given it another go so will report back after monitoring it over the next few days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 169 of 194
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Gekko,

Hopefully, things will improve for you.

If not, let me know. Smiley Happy

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mikelea15
Tuning in
Message 170 of 194
Flag for a moderator

Still loosing packets, I've given up. clearly virgin don't listen to my complaints. I'm paying a fortune for a sub standard service why bother. I may as well cut the line coming in to my house and live in the dark ages!

0 Kudos