cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

street cable issue

Budg1e
Tuning in

hello, it's been pointed out to me that since the bushes were cleared the cables outside my house are a tripping danger. Having seen it, I'm also concerned they might be damaged and affect the service. Is there anything that can be done?

The image below is a poor angle. The cable loops up about 1.5 inches

street-cables.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Budg1e,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to see how these cables are. 

To confirm, are these ourside your house itself or are these on the street?

^Martin

on the street (pavement), just by the property garden wall

Hi Budg1e

Thanks for coming back to us with the clarification. I'll be able to send a technician out for a rebury of the cables. 

I'll send a PM now to arrange this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Budg1e

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in for the cabling.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello, a chap came around but said he wasn't the right guy. Said he'd try to tidy the cables, but that another engineer would be booked in. Have returned from holiday and no real change from what I can see

20220528_165146.jpg

Has the other engineer not returned yet? 

Thank you

Hi @Budg1e, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear that the engineer wasn't appropriately trained - I appreciate your frustrations here.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further and if necessary get this re-booked in for you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

hello -appointment has come and gone with no change -presumably no one turned up? I received the text messages before confirming the appointment, then nothing. Can we please just get this fixed?

Hi @Budg1e

Thanks for coming back to us. No they did attend but further construction is needed. They're currently booking this in, so hopefully sorted soon.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

ok thanks -I'll hold tight