cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup

Toeknee1
Tuning in

Trying to set my new hub up (new customer)  and it is telling me to connect the lead to a box thing on the wall but I haven`t got a box???? Will VM be fitting one? 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have been sent the quick start pack because VM know there has been an active connection in your property previously.

So find the outside Omnibox usually (brown or white" and follow the cabling to where it enters. On the internal wall near that position there should be a box. Or sometimes its just a cable coming in. Is there anything there? If not a previous occupant may have removed it, covered it up or buried it in the plaster?

If you cant find it call it in as you will need a Tech install.

Try the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734 - first - they may be able to sort that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, it`s better than the service I seem to be getting from VM. called them at 14:05 today and they contacted me back via Whatsapp to say I am in a queue and they would message me back. Well its 18:40 now and I am STILL waiting. Maybe I should have stayed with SKY. 

Anyway, rant over, I have lived in my house for over 20 years and never had VM so there is no connection available only from sky. What should I do?

PS Thanks for your help! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do what I said above - you need a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Will do  - thanks!!

Hi Toeknee1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with getting installed. We can arrange to get an engineer out to you to complete the install. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Toeknee1, 

Thanks for taking the time to pop back to us and let us know that things are sorted for you. 

We're glad you are installed and finally able to enjoy your services. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs