Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

second SH3

Hope someone can help, I have a second SH3 to go in my external office space,  I have the ethernet cable running from the original SH3, but can't get online to change the new SH3 to modem mode. The IP address for the second hub is not 192.168.0.1. Complete novice here, need help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: second SH3

Where did you get the second Hub3 from. Did VM not install it properly for you on a separate account?
If has no coax connection to the VM network it wont work.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I bought it off a well known auction site,  was told by a friend that I could connect a second one. If not,  do I just buy a non virgin router?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you only want wifi then you would be better with a proper Access Point.  Otherwise as you have a cable already run outside, get a switch, which will give you additional ethernet points and a proper Access point for WiFi.

VM equipment is the property of VM and is only rented, and should not be sold.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media retain ownership of their hubs.

Therefore you are in possession of stolen goods and need to return it to the seller ASAP for a refund or raise it with eBay. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi