Menu
atiq
Up to speed
Message 11 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: request for changing IP address

sorry no i did not understand your qs, call mean i chat. online , and no it was from MS they give me the case ref number too, they also comes to my my pc , and checked all 

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 12 of 30
Flag for a moderator

yes they comes remote access too ,first they sent link and i download,  6 digit code and checked my pc 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 30
Flag for a moderator

so facts.

Someone said they were from Microsoft.
They had access to your computer.
They said your IP address has been compromised and being hacked from many locations.

So how did you find out you were being hacked? what made you contact microsoft or did they contact you?

you have been scammed

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 30
Flag for a moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViWbc1yxJxI

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 15 of 30
Flag for a moderator

i explain all... i received call from my brother, abroad. and he said he received email from you to send money . bcs i am in trouble. and then so many other who knows me sent same.. when i login to my hotmail account. its all in CHINES language. i immediatly chat MS  and than they find out all about . ms share my screen and all so they advice me to do first this and they investigate more 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 30
Flag for a moderator

so your hotmail has been hacked. Nothing to do with your internet.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 17 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Well ms told me to do this first, who ever Hack this email they can access to your computer too bcs they know your ip address now. i dont know much about these, what ever they told i will follows, and i wont comp too, i can buy a new hub and change mac and ip first 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 30
Flag for a moderator

they are wrong.

vm do not sell hubs and you do not have a problem with yours.
Its also debatable if you even spoke to microsoft

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I’d be interested to know the correct contact number for Microsoft.  What number did you call?

On the subject of changing IP address, @apcyberax  is correct changing your IP address is not necessary, whoever gave you that information is wrong.  You make the simple mistake of assuming that when you call a support line, that they give you correct information.  This is evident from the fact that you state:

Yes , they will if i asked and explain, they advice me to switch off your router for 10 min

We both have a very good understanding of VMs setup and I can assure you that unless you turn the hub off for a good deal longer than 10 minutes and at the correct point in the DHCP cycle, you won’t get a new IP.  Even if you do manage to turn the hub off and let the lease expire, unless someone is given your old IP address, there is a strong possibility you’d get the old one back too.

it sounds as though Microsoft subscribe to the same lowest common denominator in support staff as VM do, assuming the number you called was actually Microsoft.  In short if something falls outside of the scope of their training, they make stuff up.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 20 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all, i did not call, i chat on line with ms and then they share my screen, also i call VM and explain they advice me to unplug router for 10 min , but i turnoff all night its comes up with same old. yes i know vm not sell hub as i said i dont know much about these tech word hub or router, wot ever vm provide me was superhub3 black new one. i wants same new one i will pay for this hub/router wot ever you called .thanks

0 Kudos