Menu
atiq
Up to speed
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

request for changing IP address

My request is please could you change my IP address? or send me New Hub so its automatic get new IP .I rang broadband help they told me if you UN-plug modem and Router,for 10 min it will give you new IP. BUT I UN-PLUS MORE THAN 8 HOURS , ALL night its switch it off but still find the same old IP. So why i need it i will tell you now. 

last week my main Hotmail Email are taken over in china somewhere,And when i login to my email its all in chines language, and they sent and have all my banks email, friends , relative all emails and they sent email request money because i am in trouble.I rang MS and they retrieve my email and informed me to CHANGE IP ADDRESS which i cant do my end, also they advice me to change freq password and keep monitor and they also keep in touch with me, 

so i google it to change, 2 option virgin media can do or simple with NEW HUB new mac address will,

PLEASE ADVICE THANK YOU

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: request for changing IP address

you can't change your ip address.its assigned by the DHCP server based on MAC address.

You can get your own router and used the hub in modem mode that will give you a new ip address.

people knowing your IP address is not the reason your having problems. Your IP address is showed to every server/service you connect to.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Yes thats why i Request to change my IP Address

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

it can't be done. VM can't change your IP address

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Yes , they will if i asked and explain, they advice me to switch off your router for 10 min, but its will not work i  will call them latter, other simple solution if i change my Router , i can buy one from local hub3 its cheap will new mac address automatic new ip. but if i purchased my own and call vm to activate i dont think they accept , thats why i asked vm to replace my ip or hub

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

you can buy your own router and use the hub in modem mode.

Vm CAN'T change your IP address. and they won't change the hub that is working. If they did you'd get everyone wanting one because they have been banned from sites or games

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Well i dont want hub and modem mode setting, i can pay for the hub if its work and change new IP MICROSOFT told me to do this , so i have no other option .but thank you for your advice i will wait for customer service agent to reply let se what they said

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

did you call Microsoft from a number on a popup window

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
atiq
Up to speed
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Yes i did call and explain and they retrive my email back from them 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

if you called a number on a popup or got a cold call it wasn't microsoft. It was a scam. What number did you call them on

At any point did they as for remote access to your Computer

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos