cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removal of cable

Siobhan123
Joining in

Hi, I want to have a virgin Media cable removed from my house. It is connected at the corner of my roof and dangling between my house and my neighbour. I am prepared to cut it myself but would like to give virgin an opportunity to redirect it so properties further down the street are not disconnected which I believe will happen.

I think  by the 31st of March 2022 is adequate time for virgin to complete this task. I have no qualms about disconnecting other users, they can take disruption of service up with Virgin Media themselves.

I have no contract with Virgin Media 

7 REPLIES 7

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi are you sure it's virgins cable as they normally enter properties at ground level, hense cable TV etc this sounds more like an ariel or sky dish link. Regards Micky

Yes, I'm sure. It is VM cable

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos of the cable (close up) and the dangling issue - and where the cables terminate at your house - external brown Omnibox perhaps?

A VM person will take a look in a day or two when they get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Siobhan123, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We wouldn't usually come out to remove cabling unless there is a health and safety issue. 

If you can please pop some pictures up of the cabling, we can refer this over to the area manager and let you know if we can remove them of whether you can remove them yourself. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, If I can private message you I can give you the Eircode and your manager can call out to see the situation. I have no problem removing the cable myself but you should be aware that there will be disruption of service to other customers who seem to be daisy chained back to my property.

If you're in the Republic of Ireland then you will need to contact Virgin Media Ireland, staff here all work for the UK company.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Siobhan123, 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

Just to touch up on @Jonny-M has advised, are you based in the Republic of Ireland?

If so I'd advise to contact themselves through this contact link here . 

Thanks,

Kain