cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red light after upgrade to hub 4

Tuxedosteve
Tuning in

I was previously on m500 using a hub 3. I upgraded to gig1 and my hub 4 arrived today. I connected it up. When it starts the light goes green for 5 to 10 seconds and then goes solid red. I phoned up support and they said they'd have to pass it to another team to investigate but it could take up to 48 hours to resolve.

This is pretty awful and I'm having to use my data plan to access the internet. The coax cable is secure. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Tuxedosteve wrote:

I did ring the activation number. I reconnected my hub 3 and that's gotten me back online. I think I read you're only allowed one hub per account so I'm assuming someone hasn't activated my new one?

you have it in one - so you need to go through the activation again as the 3 will not do 1gig - if you dont want to do that or dont trust them to sort it wait for VM to get to the thread - they can activate hubs in certain circumstances or book a tech if thats felt to be needed - thats all assuming the ecer helpful offshore have not booked one already

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are seriously concerned about this (and I think you should be), switch off the Hub and report that it has failed.  They'll ask to to do the usual tests and then agree to send you a replacement.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Tuxedosteve wrote:

I was previously on m500 using a hub 3. I upgraded to gig1 and my hub 4 arrived today. I connected it up. When it starts the light goes green for 5 to 10 seconds and then goes solid red. I phoned up support and they said they'd have to pass it to another team to investigate but it could take up to 48 hours to resolve.

This is pretty awful and I'm having to use my data plan to access the internet. The coax cable is secure. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

a red light on a hub 4 is no connection - its not the same as a red light on a 3 which is overheating - i assume the oracles you spoke to were offshore - as ever they have/had no idea but moved the problem elsewhere and thus closed the call - so after that 1st question - have you activated the hub - 0800 953 9500 - see  if that sorts it

if not then get back onto them - hopefully you can get someone with brain cells - read the UK who can look and if all else fails get the hub3 reactivated and book a tech to sort out the 4

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I did ring the activation number. I reconnected my hub 3 and that's gotten me back online. I think I read you're only allowed one hub per account so I'm assuming someone hasn't activated my new one?

@Tuxedosteve wrote:

you have it in one - so you need to go through the activation again as the 3 will not do 1gig - if you dont want to do that or dont trust them to sort it wait for VM to get to the thread - they can activate hubs in certain circumstances or book a tech if thats felt to be needed - thats all assuming the ecer helpful offshore have not booked one already

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I've been through the activation phone line a few times now and nothing happens so I guess I'm waiting for the people I can't talk to, to get around to doing something. 😞

And shortly after I posted that my hub3 went offline and the hub4 now works.

I seem to be peaking at 75MB/sec on my Deco X90 mesh but it's also peak time on a saturday night so I guess I'm happy now 🙂 Thanks for all the replies