cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New customer": Request: don't port number

mpmc
Superfast

Hi folks,

Rather than clog up the support lines I thought I'd post here for help instead, it's not urgent as our install isn't until 4th Sept.

With our order I initially requested a number port from a talktalk business provider. I have now had a think and decided to keep the number and line/broadband as is for now (sorting it out later) and would rather be issued a new number with the service.

Would one of the wonderful VM folks be able to assist with this please?

Thanks.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).
24 REPLIES 24

Further update:

Pulse8 have successfully stopped VM taking the number for a second time, and the OR line and number are fine as of now. The interesting thing is that my account on VM is now showing this number too. VM don't have it so I can only assume the system blindly updated it.

• I m not going to risk another port until I can confirm VM have stopped trying to take the number as requested.
  • Will VM sort this mess out and credit me for the failed port charge caused by their obviously faulty automated system.
  • Will the hub line number be reverted or a new one issued?

Please could someone from VM look into this?

Thanks

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

Thanks for coming back to us @mpmc.

I would be happy to take a look into this for you and let you know what has happened unless you have already had this looked into since you last posted.

If you still need help, please respond to my private message that I will send over in a moment and we can get this investigated for you.

Regards,

Steven_L 

Something is seriously wrong at VM, even though I have told VM not to port the number and was promised it would be left alone. Another port request has been made by VM to take the number away from Sipgate!

Please someone help 😞

Managed to get through to someone on the phone, thankfully he managed to cancel the port order attached to our account. Hopefully that'll be the end of it now (I hope).

This honestly was starting to feel like harassment! 😐

Hi mpmc, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and we can only apologise for the issues you've had with this. 

We've checked the account today and added a big bold note saying that no port is to be processed on the account so fingers crossed things are resolved. 

If in future you do decide to port the number in, just let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F,

Thanks for your reply. However (having checked the VM account order tracking a moment ago), there now appears to be a order for something. Please could you double check it isn't another port request? I have a feeling it is 😱.

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mpmc, 

I have checked there is no port order. 

I can see you reached out to our team were they able to give you more info?

Zoie

Hi Zoie_P,

Thanks for your reply. The last info I got from anyone at Virgin Media was posted above by Kath. I'm happy to hear there is no port, however I still have some unknown order on the account & I'm not sure at all what this is, it doesn't say anything other than this.

Order Ref: 2xxxxxx

Order date: 29/010/21

Services Ordered

Your upgrade is scheduled for:

Friday 29 October

We can carry out your upgrade remotely so no-one needs to visit your property

We can carry out your downgrade remotely so no one needs to visit your property.

Any ideas?

Hi mpmc,

Thanks for coming back to us, I will be happy to have a proper look for you and advise everything, so I can I will invite you into a private chat, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN,

I have replied to the PM. However the order has now vanished, no idea what that was for though so would like to know regardless 🙂

Thanks.