Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

quick start, not working

Hi everybody o/

I'm a new customer and I ordered a bundle(broadband, TV, phone) I choose the quick start package because on the Virgin said this flat used before same broadband. The package arrived today and I start set-up step by step follow the instruction. But the power led on the hub is still flashing green:( 
How long times need to wait for this? Need to call the engineer to solve the problem? 
oh, 1 more interesting thing, now I log on the VM website and my package doesn't show broadband just TV and phone... 😮 what's going on? I'm very confused 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: quick start, not working

Please send me a PM with your account number and area ref and I can look at this for you.

Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

did you call to activate the hub

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, I didn't know that I have to call then to set-up.
Who I have to call?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does not help....you just ask my personal information....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidker,

I'm ever so sorry about this -  I can appreciate that this won't have been the best first experience for you.

I've taken a look at things from here and I can see that a technician is due to come out to you later on today. Was this arranged for you via our forum page? If you could let me know how the appointment goes, that would be great; we're looking forward to you being connected!

In regards to your online account not showing your broadband service, that is strange. If you could also please try logging in once your service have been activated to see if this rectifies the problem. However, I can't understand why it wouldn't already be showing now.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Today 1 engineer was here and fixed the problem, now everything works fine, thank you everything.
Just 1 thing, the quick start option is good and faster for the VM and the customer, but for the next joining people send the notes "Sometimes the Hub isn't activated, if the hub power led not solid white check online your broadband package and call the VM team on phone or here and they will fix it for you"
Plus 1 point for VM has a private engineer, not corporate with Openreach.

0 Kudos