cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with latency, driving me crazy please help

purebliss
On our wavelength

hello i have been a virgin customer for many years and recently we got upgraded via volt to the M350 and our connection quality seems really bad, i do a lot of gaming and my download speed is fine but my game constantly gets a very strange lag where my character warps forward and this happens most of the time but then once every so often it can be okay for some hours then happens again. i had an engineer come out said he already noticed some issues with the QAM plus a couple more things he said and before leaving he took a noise attenuator off our cable saying we did not need it anymore, issue was still happening that evening so another engineer came and said noise levels was in the red and he put a small attenuator on the cable and put in a new modem, sadly issue still not solved and im pulling my hair out as to what can be going wrong. ive tried not just one game but several and its the same issues, also if i do a ping to google and other servers my ping sometimes is a solid 14-20 with the odd peak in the 30-40s but mostly stable but then more so in the evening my ping is all over the place going everywhere from 11 to 44 to 148 to 200 and so forth like this. i just tried speaking with call centre again and they said there sending out a wifi disk which will help lol i tried telling them a wifi disk cant help my connection issues when im on ethernet but they didn't want to listen. I'll attach some screenshots of my upstream and downstream settings and levels so it may help someone to solve this but im wondering could i need moving to a different tap on the cabinet or could i need a higher attenuator? Any help would be really appreciated and this issue has now been going on for atleast 2-3 months now. thankyou in advance for any help.

downstream.jpgerrors.jpgstatus.jpgupstream.jpg

58 REPLIES 58

purebliss
On our wavelength

Okay here goes again 

I got a call back from the virgin executive today saying 2 things, work carried out on my cabinet impacted the cabinet from 18percent to 98 percent gold standard but then after sending further graphs to them of not just me but others in my area other work was investigated and the findings was that the upload was getting chocked at 98percent utilisation! 
apparently it will be passed up to see if the findings warrant our area been split in to 2 or 3 nodes I believe she said to split traffic up.

this **bleep** me off for 2 reasons. We had high utilisation in 2015 for 1 and a half years……. Then the benchmarking engineer and networking promised me only 2 weeks ago this was NOT high utilisation. Even when I said even though peak times and weekends show high traffic and congestion, they said the upgrade done in 2015 was to future proof this area so it is surely not high utilisation.

now to find out me arguing for 6 months about this issue and saying it was utilisation and getting told there was no problems and it wasn’t that makes me look like I knew more about there job than they did. So not only did they lie to me by promising they had checked and it wasn’t high in this area. Even Adam the engineer they said was very high level skilled in this area said to me * you can’t still be having problems as we have checked your cabinet and it’s all fine. Making me think I was going crazy. Now I’m stuck with this terrible network until City fibre or open reach come round doing there fTTp upgrades which I’ve seen there doing on other estates close to me, hopefuly they will come here soon.

I even said can I get an upgrade on the speed then for the hours it is working and I was refused because high utilisation is just one of them things! Lol it shouldn’t be just one of them things if they didn’t over subscribe there old dated equipment and put money before quality to there customers.

@Molly_T I would like you to put in a complaint to ofcom for me please and I also need a deadlock letter so I can make another complaint now seeking compensation, 8 engineers I’ve had to sit in waiting for and 6 months of calls and stress to be told it may get fixed and might not it depends on cost and if they seem it warrants an upgrade, so after all this out of 6 years I will have had nearly 3 years of high utilisation in 2 seperate parts before it gets fixed for a few months then over subscribed again.

my complaint has now been closed as there’s nothing they can do at executives lol

can you please pm me Molly_T about the ofcom and deadlock letter I need. Thankyou everyone for all your help especially jpeg1.

I feel highly let down by virgin media again!

Just realised it was ash C who asked about the ofcom complaint so yes can you please pm me about the ofcom complaint and a deadlock letter, regarding the previous post I just made Thankyou.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update. 

In terms of the actual complaint - you're able to take your complaint to a 3rd party if you're not happy with the resolution which has been provided by the executive team. The information in which they have provided and spoken with you about isn't something we would be able to change, or raise to get a different outcome. 

Information relating to what you can do or the next steps in terms of your complaint which has been handled can be found here: https://virg.in/comcop. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

purebliss
On our wavelength

how do i get a deadlock letter? need one to make the complaint please

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi purebliss,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify, has your original complaint been closed? As that would be the one that would be required to be sent to deadlock.

Does your complaint still show via this link? Also what has the executive team advised?

Thanks,

Kain

purebliss
On our wavelength

hello ken im sorry for the long delay in replying i checked the link and there is nothing showing anymore.

i got told it was NOT high utilisation 6 times by 6 different people then when i wouldnt let go of the complaint and kept sending the bqm graphs they said oh it is high utilisation and we can not promise if it will be fixed as it comes down to cost!!!!!!!!! wth as a paying customer to be told our estate may just have to put up with no fix because of cost is outrageous. also the bqm now shows fine for a few days then shows terrible for a few days and its like this back and fortth.

ill share a bqm of today and 2 more days so you can see what im dealing with and need to get this looked in too by someone whos willing to care about helping me.

28-05-2022 fine.jpg29th.jpgtoday.jpg

Alas, that BQM is absolutely a sign of high utilisation and congestion.regardless of whatever you might have been told, and who was it that told you that? Was it perhaps the VM offshore call centre staff, who personally I wouldn’t trust to reliably tell me what the current year is….!

@purebliss In terms of escalating a complaint to CISAS (the industry complaints adjudicator), then you either need a deadlock letter, or eight weeks must have passed since the complaint was raised and you remain dissatisfied.  Looking at this thread, you mentioned your complaint was a month old on 18 April, so in that case you should now be clear to take the matter to CISAS?

Bear in mind that CISAS can require VM to pay substantial compensation for the months of a poor quality connection, for their slow and inept customer service, inaccurate or dishonest explanations, for the fact that over-utilisation is both self inflicted by VM over-selling against available capacity, and they can force VM to release you from any fixed term contract without penalty, but they can't force VM to invest in solving an over-utilisation issue.

Good Morning @purebliss, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be able to assist with your complaint.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn