cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre pull/installation delays

jamesgg
Tuning in

Good morning,

So i signed up to virgin on the 7th Nov 21 after various delays etc the construction happened outside my house, last Saturday the  19th Feb 22 the pre pull team came and pulled the cable to the CATV trench outside my property (I've opened it and the wire is there) installation was meant to be today 23 Feb 22,  low and behold installation cancelled and now on HOLD. Called the pre installation team who said someone would be coming to connect the wire to the outside of the property today. Received another email asking me to join a live chat to the construction team who have now said there's a blockage which is completely false as the wire is there sat in the CATV box!! Is there anyone who can actually give ma an honest answer to what's actually happenings and not just fob me off till I'm fed up and stop ill chasing the install, I need to have this boxed off before my contract runs out with BT as the bill rises considerably. Any help would be appreciated....... who knew getting broadband installed would A) take so long and B) be so stressful!!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Re. VM’s installation process “omnishambles”- see John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamesgg

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, was the latest information provided by the construction team that there's a blockage? I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs