cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre instllation postpone

ekreddy
Joining in

Hi Team,

I have taken new Virgin media broadband. The praposed pre installtion date is 02/02/2023. But eveyday I am seeing the date auto updated to today. But no one turned up to do pre instllation.

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Do a search of this forum for "Delayed installation", and after reading a few of the threads you'll understand how things work.  Will it help you, probably not, but at least you'll know what to expect.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ekreddy, thanks for reaching out on our help forum about your issues faced with the new service installation and the delay you've experienced.

We'd love to best assist with these enquiries however this is down to our construction team to complete - please, have a read here Cable digging and Construction | Virgin Media for more on this process and what applies.

Could you please kindly advise if you've also been given a specific date for the install itself or just the pre-install cabling work at this point? We usually aim to complete any external cabling work needed before the install date arrives, do you have a provisioning date confirmed for this?

Do let us know more on the above and we'll be glad to advise further based on your feedback.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Team,

Thanks for reply.

Pre-installation date given as 02- 02- 2023 

Installation date by enginner given as 21- 02- 2023

Thank you for confirming this, I will send you a PM so we can look into a bit more.

We can also look at raising a complaint for you to the install team. 

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@Matthew_ML wrote:

Thank you for confirming this, I will send you a PM so we can look into a bit more.

@Matthew_ML wrote:

more reaching - what a pointless expression - the OP contacted VM by the forum - no more no less 

why would you need to raise a complaint or start a pm trail - surely you know how the pre install works and so far VM have done nothing outside their normal way of working 

to remind you or educate you and fill in the blanks for the OP

the pre install date is a rolling date - the first date is simply a place holder - when the work is not done the system rolls the date over to the next working day - in the fullness of time hopefully before the install date [thats the important one] the sub contractors will get off their backsides and do whatever is needed to allow the tech do the actual install

if it all goes to plan - NO forget that VM dont plan anything

so starting that bit again - if the planets align in the right order and all staggers on as it should you will be installed on the second date you have - if not you will be ringing them and will be assured its all going to happen tomorrow or sometime in the next few months

so to Matthew_ML - you could have said that as thats how it works - you could cut and paste my reply for use in the future and it will stop you having to reach out or send a pointless pm

Tony.
Sacked VIP