cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plug connections

Jodie4
Joining in

Hi there. The socket in my flat is too small for the plug of the hub, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? 

many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Do you want to post a pic of the socket, and one of the lead you're trying to connect?  All VM wall connections and leads use standard "F-Type" connectors, so if it is the right socket it should fit.  Some of the supplied leads are push on connectors that just go over the top of a threaded connector, and look like the shouldn't fit, but will if gently but firmly pressed on.   

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On top of @Andrew-G  suggestions, you can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there, 

it won’t allow me to upload the photos as it exceeds the amount of MBs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Then post a smaller one. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Jodie4,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Do you still require help with this? I've not been able to locate your details using your Forum profile so if you are still having issues let me know.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs