cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no welcome email and weak signal to my bedroom

Dom_P-T
Tuning in

Hi,

I signed up to virgin media through tenant shop when I first got confirmation that I had tenancy in my new flat and I have received the virgin box and set it up successfully, I received the texts to set it up and the wifi works fine downstairs, but there are 2 issues.

1. I didn't receive a welcome email and so I have been unable to set up an account to manage my wifi.

2. I am only getting around 10 Mbps in my bedroom. I get around 110 Mbps in the living room where the router is, what is a suggested fix? should I buy a signal booster or get an ethernet cable? I'm not sure how to fix it.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can setup the WiFi by going into the hub on 192.168.0.1.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dom_P-T

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you received the Welcome email as of yet? As for setting up the WiFi this can be done as above, boosters would help your signal reach your bathroom which is certainly something I'd suggest if you need this to reach other rooms.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

No, i have not received the welcome email, I have checked spam and checked regularly, I am worried my email was typed in wrong.

Many Thanks

Dom P-T

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dom_P-T

Thank you for your reply

I will drop you a private message now to confirm some details and to look at getting this sorted for you, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs