cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no wall socket

zms99
Tuning in

After receiving the quick start broadband pack, I realised the cable doesn't fit into the wall socket that is currently installed in the wall. This doesn't seem to be an issue addressed in any of the FAQs for VM and I'm finding it difficult to flag this up and get an engineer to come and replace it. Any advice? thanks:) 

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post some picture - if its just a cable you might need one of these

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 08.26.02.pngthanks for your help, this is what the current socket looks like. It seems to be too small to fit the cable inside. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

ok - thats just a normal aerial connection nothing to do with VM - if they have allowed quick start then there has been an install there in the past but thats all they know - cables and boxes may have been removed

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

if you cannot find anything internally then wait for VM here - thay can take a couple of days to get to threads - they will book a tech - or you can ring and try that way

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony! Have had difficulty locating any wires but will do some more digging with VM and hope they will reply to the thread 

Hi @zms99 thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you are having issues getting your services set up/connected.  I would like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R