cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no virgin media wall socket

kirbyp4
Tuning in

We have the quickstart pack but sadly cannot get broadband set up and working.

We have a virgin media wall socket with an ethernet port in the wall but no round cable. 

We have tried plugging it into the only box we found it would fit but no luck.

There are multiple different branded wall boxes inside our flat but none seem to be properly connected.

Any advise? We cannot get through to book an engineer on the phone line or help pages.

Thank you,

Kirby

48 REPLIES 48

Hi Martin,

Thanks for replying.

Engineer came yesterday and I'm up and running now.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread with that 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

The same issue is happening to me- just received my QuickStart kit for Hub 3 but can find no Virgin Media wallsocket and only have a virgin media Ethernet port in my wall. 

Please help ASAP as I need to start WFH.

Hey there @Slayne99, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums page!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the installation.
I will be able to assist you in getting this sorted out.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Also having this issue and trying to get through to them on the phone. 

We only have a standard ethernet cable in the wall - no sign of a socket for the round isolator cable that is mentioned in the setup guide. 

Sounds like we need an engineer that i would like to book ASAP. 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @sophiel92, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the lack of wall socket on the inside of your property.

If you can call our Pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734, they will be able to convert this to a manned install.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi Tony, which product would you recommend from Amazon? B&Q are low on this item.

Foxfire87
Joining in

Good morning,
Unfortunately I am forced to ressurect this thread because I just got myself into the same situation.
Yesterday I ordered my starting kit because I was told "There is a virgin box on the wall". Unfortunately the box was just a phone socket (picture attached). So I have no "broadband box" so to speak.

PXL_20230509_171603361.jpg
My kit will be with me Friday. I was wondering... Would it be possible to order engineer istallation separately?

Kind Regards,
Matt

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Matt,

The Telewest box below the phone socket is a VM connection box (Telewest was taken over by VM in 2010) so it should work.  

If you still want to book an engineer visit you could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali