cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no virgin media wall socket

kirbyp4
Tuning in

We have the quickstart pack but sadly cannot get broadband set up and working.

We have a virgin media wall socket with an ethernet port in the wall but no round cable. 

We have tried plugging it into the only box we found it would fit but no luck.

There are multiple different branded wall boxes inside our flat but none seem to be properly connected.

Any advise? We cannot get through to book an engineer on the phone line or help pages.

Thank you,

Kirby

48 REPLIES 48

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wires are not live as in elec but post some photos when you can and lets see what there is 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I’ve checked the external box and I’m still sure I’m gonna require an engineer or something because the two wires I need connected to that are cut extremely short and there’s no nearby wall point to put them through safely and the single wire on the wall to the left is the cable installed by vodaphone/ openreach and it’s completely separate and goes through the wall on its own but is a telephone cable wire as opposed to the one I need.

140685AC-D541-4768-A70B-DC530F6988A9.jpeg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

yes you need a tech 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 or wait here for VM - hopefully the main feed cable is ok - if so a quick and easy job i would think

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @J-maw7,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you don't have a VM wall socket. I have taken a look at your account and can see you have spoken to our team and a manned install has been booked for you.

Let us know if there's any further issues. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there, 

i don’t seem to have the VM wall socket in my flat either, so I cannot set uk my broadband kit. Could you help please?

Hello Matthew325

Sorry to hear of the installation problems following your recent order, thanks for taking the time to raise this via our forums and welcome to the community.

We can see from our systems that you have spoken to the team since posting and a visit has been arranged to get this issues resolved. Please keep us up to date with how the visit goes.

Rob

Hi - 

There only an old type of VM socket which doesn’t fit into what’s provided in the broadband kit. 

I’ve had a look for the brown box outside the place i just moved in. Apparently the connection from there’s been cut off. 

How can I get a technician getting things sorted?

558271A9-AA0D-4668-8FB2-82132AF031B4.jpeg

E98F4EC2-C3AB-41C4-A407-BE010A20F62F.jpeg

Hi Tcaaa, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that there is no internal wall socket to connect your equipment too. We can certainly get an engineer arranged for you although to do this I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gilders
Joining in

Hi,

I'm awaiting delivery of my broadband equipment today and decided to have a look online at the installation process. I, like others above, have a socket that looks like a BT phone socket, only with a Virgin Media logo. I have also checked outside and there is no box either on my property or on my boundary wall. Poking up from the ground, directly next to my house, is 1x thick cable and 1xdouble cable. These enter my house via an air brick/vent very close to where they poke out of the ground.

I presume I need an engineer to install the correct socket?

I also presume this will not incur any further costs?

Finally, what is the time scale for an engineer visit?

Thank you

Hi gilders,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

From what you have advised it does sound like you may need an engineer visit. 

If one if required to install the equipment to use the service, this shouldn't incur any costs. 

Engineer availability can vary day to day. We would only be able to check when the engineer is being booked in. 

I have located your account and it looks as though you have spoken with the team regarding this. 

Have you been able to get everything sorted?

^Martin