Menu
JamesK3
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no signal in France

hi i am in France with no network connection. I’ve tried various things mentioned on these forums but problem persists. It seems people begin a private message chat to solve ... me next please 

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no signal in France

Hi JamesK3, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Can you confirm if you activated roaming before you left the UK? If so, can you sign into your online account to check that it's showing as active?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
JamesK3
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi, yes roaming was on before I left the UK and it is on now

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to perform a manual network selection and select all of the available networks in turn?

Can you check if you are able to connect to any of them please?

Did you receive a welcome text from us when you arrived in France James?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JamesK3
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no welcome text. 

i have tried manually accessing all available networks. none connect. 

sometimes VERY briefly i have seen SFR connect when automatic is selected but with zero bars and am unable to call or receive calls. No service appears pretty quickly. 

I am with other English friends who all are on french networks with no problems. 

i also checked the network settings as directed on your site and all appear correct 

[removed]

[removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning JamesK3

We'd like to take a closer look at this for you so we'll send you a private message in a moment to get some more details.

We'd also advise against posting personal information such as telephone numbers in the public space. We'll confirm details such as this in the private message to follow.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos