Menu
craigus123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

new install..still waiting

Hi, not sure "Quickstart" is the correct board. I  ordered TV, Broadband and phone on the 15th of Feb, system said it was available and selected a install date 2 weeks later. Got a call from VM a few days after placing my order stating that they have to do some Infrastructure work and would take 6 weeks. well now 9 weeks since my order i still have no installation. When i called them 2 weeks ago they confirmed all Infrastructure work would be completed by the 13th and can book my install ant day after that....it appears not.

i tried to call VM earlier and whilst i was having a MOAN when they told me to call back in a 6-7 days time (who wouldn't) they just hung up on me.

I WISH I DID NOT CANCEL MY SKY TV..what a mistake i have made.

Seriously VM sort out your staff and teach them how to communicate with customers. Teach them how to be proactive. Learn how to stick to committed dates.

as of today i still don't know when my installation will be..if ever

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: new install..still waiting

The date they are giving is actually provisional, as VM are relying on third parties to complete the construction work on their network. Their construction contractor has to liaise with all the other services with infrastructure in the area, & then obtain a local authority permit that allows them to do the work. The usual delay with this is one to three months, so it is always advisable to overlap your services with your existing provider when changing to a non BT/Openreach network provider.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos