Menu
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: new install hub keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Take whatever a frontline "offshore" agent tells you with a large pinch of salt. Hopefully, one of the VM staff on here will sort it for you. A simple thing to try is posted below. If its not sorted in a day or two and as you only joined on Tuesday - you can cancel anytime without £ penalty (within 14 days) so call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [early is best!]) you will usually get a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait to connect though) who are much more clued up and helpful - tell them you will cancel if this isn't fixed to your satisfaction by (say) day10 - need a few days to see if the fix sticks. They will try and sort it for you - if they haven't sorted it by then, do cancel.
----
As in the first post you said that you had played around with cables, check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!). Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mellaggan
Joining in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, its frustrating because ironically, I used to work in the complaint dept for Virgin Media years ago! and I know how simple it is for them to check this stuff but the agent wouldn't do any of it, let alone tell me what the "checks" were.

I don't want to cancel my service, but a slow service that stays connected is better than this.

I've checked all the connections inside, but I will have a look outside, the tech said the cables were there but there was no box so he fitted a new one.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It seems to be an ingrained behaviour in the "offshore" staff.. Thats why the "Retentions" option is by far the better one. Even if you don't want to cancel you are holding four Aces in this 14 day game of poker. Use them to bluff the more helpful UK based staff into sorting this out. After all its their prime "raison d'etre" to keep customers, so they will do all they can to make sure they keep you.
The offshore lot don't care at all.... you leaving would have no impact on them.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos