cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my elderly dad needs help, re. virgin are never turning up

MrShadowCat
Joining in

hi there, i am just posting on my dads behalf as he says himself hes no good with talking to people threw live chat/typing style chat and i cant ring for him as im non verbal autistic (i comunicate threw AAC, PECS and makaton) ,have mild learning disability and i live a distance away in a supported living service.

he isnt mad at the virgin staff but hes got to keep staying in for this-they both have health needs,he has cancer and my mums got cancer-both of which they get regular treatment for so they keep waiting in all day for a guy who says hes going to turn up,or phone him up tomorow from 10am and he gets no answer.

it was supposed to be installed for him early last week- every day,and the companies website says the virgin internet is running fine at his house when its not even got a router out.

he also thinks instalation means they will do the wiring in the house to bring it to the router-i had NTL cable internet at home back around 2000 and i cant remember them ever doing the wiring as part of instalation, instalation to me means theyre hooking up the cabling to the house and the rest has to be done by the user, am i corect in thinking that or does virgins standard instalation include wiring up the house to where the router will be? 

my dad is also very very slow at getting things done and i gave him the customer service number to contact early today and he typed that he woud ring up and find out whats going on,but hes always putting things off .

im just wondering can anything be done as this is getting on to far now and his contract with plusnet is about to run out,internet is the only way me and my parents can stay in contact, i have a sim free motorola edge 20 pro which i use for photography and whatsapp (when at home) with my parents-id have virgin internet as well but they never fibred up my street as its mainly students living here and care homes.fastest i can get is 60mbps,im jealous as my dad will be getting 313mbps. 😄

thanks very much for reading cheers!

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MrShadowCat

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of your Dad's install delay.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill