cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving hub

MattjVideos
Dialled in

ok i dont really know how to put this but here we go ive got virgin broadband on the other side of the house up stairs and i keep getting problems so i keep getting engineers out and they fix the problem and then it comes back and one of them told me that the long distance for the coax will be the problem so at the time he couldnt move my broadband closer to the outside fiber box and he said when i have room just call up and get someone out to move it so now i have room but i keep seeing £99 pound charge to move it. so i was wondering becuse there is a fuilt and its down to the distance would i still need to pay £99 for someone to come out. hope this makes sence 

38 REPLIES 38

20210803_104444.jpg

 this is wired cat 6 cable tried changing it but still nothing

ok done another reset and now im seeing 92.7mbps

Thanks for coming back to me @MattjVideos

I can see the slow speed but it does also appear that the Wi-Fi symbol appears at the top of the screen and also looks like this was taken on a mobile phone - it seems to also show the strength of the mobile phone signal 

Can you please use the device that is connected via Ethernet cable to run the speed test?

Do also place this in modem mode, this will ensure that all devices connected via Wi-Fi disconnect from the service

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

im using a ethernet to phone adapter

Hello MattjVideos

I am happy to arrange for an engineer to come out and check the speeds if you would like to do that

Gareth_L

Please do

Thanks MattjVideos

I will need to send you a private message to pass security to organise this
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

ok thats me done

Thanks MattjVideos

I have booked this in and sent the time by Private message 

Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MattjVideos

Quick message to see how the technicians visit went?

Gareth_L