Menu
Highlighted
StewartDavid
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

moving house

I'm moving to a house that we are renovating, is it possible for the cable access points to be installed before the account is activated, I do not wish to be disconnected at my current address until we complete the move. It would be helpful if the cable arrangements could be made before the renovations are complete in order to minimise disruption.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: moving house

The account is activated once the first piece of VM equipment becomes live. So if it’s a maned install, which it would be, the answer is you’ll have to pay straight away. Depending on what work is happening you could perhaps install trunking with pull cords which the VM technician should use. Remember it’s best to have the Hub3 in a central location, probably will not be where you want the TV connection, if you are having one. Also if the Hub3 is central it’s best to get a Cat5e/6 cable installed to the location of the V6 box. VM do not install Ethernet cables for you. Another thing to consider is possibly run a Cat5e/6 cable form the Hub3‘s location the a central position upstairs, where you could install a Wireless Access Point to give you good WiFi in all your home. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos