cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing power plug for white box on the wall (not the hub)

Gerrof_Mylorn
Joining in

my wall boxmy wall boxHi

Can anyone help me source a power plug (the type that the coax cable from the wall mounted fibre to coax converter connects into a UK type plug)

Ive received the new router & router power adaptor, I need the plug in the picture on page 6 of the installation guide for 'different kind of wall socket'!

I  cant seem to find one on ebay!

Thanks GM

23 REPLIES 23

tiredadmin
Joining in

As a returning customer I've lost/misplaced my Wall Socket plug. My new router (same as the old one - model 3) is only flashing a green light, does anyone have a spare power supply?

Hey @tiredadmin,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

We would be able to arrange for a new power cable but a technician would need to be sent out to install this as we cannot request this be sent out to you as individual item.

I can book the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the update @tiredadmin, I'm glad that you could get a visit booked in.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

nicthemighty
Joining in

Same issue here, I've just placed an order for broadband and reading the self install guide I'm missing the plug - previous tenant must have taken it.

Customer service didn't know what I was talking about - said there's only one coaxial socket on the wall box...

How can I arrange for the part to be delivered, I'm due to pick up my hub on Tuesday.

PXL_20220226_201637638.MP.jpg

Hi @nicthemighty, thanks for your post although I'm sorry your wall plate appears to be missing parts for your wall socket.

Unfortunately, we don't arrange delivery of the part you're requesting but please don't worry, as we can make sure a technician comes out to you and ensures everything is working - fixing up the wall plate properly too.

Firstly though I'll need to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some security questions, just so I can get this booked in for you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @nicthemighty, thanks so much for your PM to me.

Just replying publicly to close off this thread and great that we've got this on the way to being sorted for you.

We look forward to you becoming an active Virgin Media customer very soon, once the technician has been!

Have a great day too and take care.

Many thanks

Tom_W

woyciu85
Tuning in

I have same problem, from where I can get power plug?

Hi woyciu85,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry you are missing the power plug. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have spoken with the team regarding this and they have arranged an engineer visit. 

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance. 

^Martin

All sorted, yesterday was engineer with plug, broadband working perfectly 

Regards 

Wojciech