Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

junction box - relocate superhub

laylowjoe
Tuning in

Hi

Can anyone help?

The main junction box for the external connection is in my living room. However, I have another junction box upstairs, which is where the superhub is currently connected. Is it possible for me to connect the superhub direct to the one in the living room instead? Or does this require an engineer visit?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If the coax has all been properly fitted, then yes the hub should work - try moving it and see.  However, it is important that the coax socket that you remove the hub from (and any other spare VM coax ports) have proper termination caps on.  If they don't you'll get radio signal noise ingress problems that will affect connection quality - hopefully there's a cap on the downstairs socket that you can swap?  If there are uncapped live ports then you can stand on your rights and demand VM supply them (which is more easily said than done) or just buy a pack of F-type male terminator caps for around four quid.

If the move doesn't work, then VM only charge £25 for a non-fault call out.  When the forum staff get round this post they can arrange that if still needed.

hey thanks for the quick response. don't suppose you have a pic of the caps so i know what they look like. or are they instantly obvious? i don't like to poke around blind.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Here you go https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg08349/f-type-terminator-75-ohm/dp/AP01796

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks pal