Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet cabling

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Splitting causes signal loss. One question is whether your property can be served with a 3-way split as the cable's been already split for two neighbours. Ideally another cable should be pulled to the property when service becomes available.

cables can be split - not ideal i agree but the OP has not been told thats the reason - in fact he has not been given any reason - if another cable is needed then that would be done - it does not take 18 months for that to happen 

Tony
0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If this was once one single property, and is now three then that could be the problem too.  I have seen others report it as a problem in the past and cant be sure if there is a resolution.

Say 54 Round Street was converted to 54a Round Street, 54b Round Street, and 54c Round Street

Do you all have a different house number, or is it split?

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It seems to me that a terrace house was converted into two leasehold flats. The OP referred to a neighbour next door which sounds like the house next to his. To take your example you could have the ground floor flat 54a Round St where the OP lives with 54b Round St upstairs and 53 Round St next door, with 54b Round St and 53 Round St having VM service from the cable coming into the OP's front wall.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
zuupy223
Joining in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

they are terrace houses which have flats in them but this how it was built, they were not split afterwards.

just gotta keep nagging them i guess

0 Kudos