cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent wifi drop-outs, "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" error, and low downstream power

CagdasUzunahmet
Tuning in

Hi, I've been experiencing poor range and frequent wifi dropouts that happen at least every other day and when it's most severe, several times a day. I've identified that these dropouts coincide with "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" errors.

After looking at similar posts on the forum I've also noticed that the downstream power levels are way lower than they should be, please correct me if I've understood this incorrectly.

Attached below is a screenshot of the table from the Hub 3 dashboard:

CagdasUzunahmet_0-1629992203134.png

I will also attacht he upstream table below as I'm not sure whether or not that will be helpful:

CagdasUzunahmet_1-1629992283608.png

I'd really appreciate if somebody could tell me what I'd need to do to fix this issue. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have far too low downstream power levels with too low SNR as well as too high upstream power. There is either a lose connection, bad cable or problem at the street cabinet. You definitely need a technician’s visit, 

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150

or you could wait for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have far too low downstream power levels with too low SNR as well as too high upstream power. There is either a lose connection, bad cable or problem at the street cabinet. You definitely need a technician’s visit, 

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150

or you could wait for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

There is a 6dB forward path attenuator attached in series with the cable, would removing this solve the issue?

Update: I removed the 6dB attenuator. These are the new power levels. is this good now, or should I still contact the support line?

CagdasUzunahmet_0-1629999499216.png

CagdasUzunahmet_1-1629999514553.png

I think your SNR.is still too low.
Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990

@CagdasUzunahmet , no that’s still a really bad connection, and yes you absolutely need an engineer visit.

Hi @CagdasUzunahmet

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the WiFi issues and drop outs you have been experiencing and for sharing the stats with us.

Your power levels do appear to be out of spec, I would like to take a look further into this and arrange a technician visit for you if necessary.

I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Kind regards,

Serena