Menu
akkers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

installation nightmare

We ordered virgin broadband and phone for new house more than 4 weeks ago. Various engineers have been out, 4 in total. Each one making excuses and blaming previous guy. We have now have had to move in as old house is gone. We have no broadband or telephone. Virgin keep saying they have taken it seriously and passed it to area manager but there is no date.

What an absolute nightmare! What a joke this company is!

Is there someone higher up in power that we can contact to get the job done?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: installation nightmare

What are they actually telling you that the problem is when you call the Pre-installation and delivery team - On.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
akkers
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The 1st guy that came said we do not have fibre from road to house (there's a drive). So they booked someone to come install cables from road to house. Plus some other job. This guy came out and said it doesn't need cabling, someone had a virgin connection at the house in past, though he didn't mark anything. The next guy came to install but he couldn't find the cable to house. He was on phone to various people but nobody knew what was going on.

In this whole episode we have lost 2 working days (staying home waiting) plus we are without any service.

The area manager is supposed to ring us but nothing yet.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I will flag for VM to come here and get details from you.

Also do you have any options available to you from OpenReach or a 4G/5G SIM BB package.  If so you should consider going with if they can activate you quicky as the VM saga may drag on for many weeks.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
akkers
Tuning in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Where is Richard Branson when you need him.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Akkers, 

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues, I have located your account and it is active, has this been resolved since your post?

Thanks,

Zoie 

0 Kudos
akkers
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Zoe

I don't think you have checked carefully. You have looked at the account at the old house.

We have requested an installation at the new house which has turned into a nightmare.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about this I will pop you a message to get the details for the new address and we can go from there 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@akkers wrote:

Where is Richard Branson when you need him.

Branson hasn't had anything to do with virgin for years the company is owned by Liberty Global an American Company 

0 Kudos
akkers
Tuning in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The saga continues with more cancelled appointments. I have lost hope that the installation will take in near future.

What makes it worse is that we have a member of family who has mobility problems due to recurring gout and has to work from home. With this installation diabcle he has had to go into work in great pain.

Is there anyone in virgin we can contact who will actually take action?

0 Kudos