cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation “fault”

chelle_savidge
Tuning in

Virgin Media are a **bleep** take! sign up to change over to them September 23rd, told the nearest day they have to install in October 17th.. fine, we can put up with **bleep**ty wifi a bit longer.. October 17th rolls around and theres apparently some technical fault outside the property that needs fixing! they can’t get out until November 8th! i chat with customer care who feed me a bunch of bull and just have to like it or lump it. so we wait 3 weeks no internet. it’s now November 7th and they’re trying to tell me they’ve only just come out and discovered the fault (you know the one they found october 17th) & cant get out until DECEMBER 2nd!!
(at which point we’ll have been without wifi for 6 weeks!)
so i chat with customer services AGAIN and am literally, LITERALLY sent the exact same message as last time! 🤬 EXACT SAME SPELLING MISTAKES AND ALL!! i am quickly losing patience. from what i’ve read this “fault” is very common as hundreds of others are having the same issue! 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes - cant help - but see this... particularly the credit/compensation you should receive (last 3 threads)

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things aren’t straightforward and cable re-pulls are needed. So dont bother chasing it. Just let the installation play out. Do nothing. You will pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is actually installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it after those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR, Sky, BT etc - or to a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three recently had a 30-day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. As said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in message 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

And then re. install compensation - see the Ofcom rules….

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

And Tony’s excellent advice in message 7 here….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Join-the-club-FAILED-INTERNET-INSTALLATIO...

And an example of >£1300 “bill credit” upon connection.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showpost.php?p=36130259&postcount=1

And, a successful Compo outcome see message 29 …

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Help-please-to-progress-pre-install/td-p/...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chelle_savidge, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. 

Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. Sometimes this can take around 10 weeks to complete depending on the issue at hand. 

Whilst we're not able to expedite things, I'm happy to take a look at things for you to have the latest update. I can also get a complaint raised to ensure the relevant teams are aware. 

To do this I will need some information from you in order to help. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

no one has been out to the property to find a fault!! CCTV has been reviewed no one attended on any of the days you claim to have been out! i’ve already spoken to MANY others in the same situation one has been waiting 6 months and has never seen one meme et of VM staff at his property in all that time! this isn’t an occasional problem it’s VERY common! i have an independent surveyor attending my property next week to look for this “fault” and so help me, they best find an issue! 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chelle_savidge, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this one. 

I can only apologise that you're no further forward with this one currently. 

I have double checked and the complaint is still open and sitting with the correct team. There isn't anything more we can do on the Forums I'm afraid. 

I can see you've already been in touch with the pre-install team too and they have advised the nest steps. 

Apologies once again for the delay you're having. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs