cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation date

Mikebonn
Tuning in

new to virgin, new house new road. Virgin is the only available supplier other than bt, so we have swapped from sky but the install day is 15th August, we have been in just over a week with no phone broad band or tv .... is there a way of bringing the date forward ... currently sharing hotspots for everything ... driving me mad ... please HELP! lol

8 REPLIES 8

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Has there been a previous cable connection to your house, with a promised delivery of equipment for you to self install? 

If not, a new cable will need to be run to the house from the street cabinet, and many of these installations are delayed for weeks or months.

It's always recommended that you extend your existing broadband contract until the Virgin installation is actually working. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

New as in brand new house and street on a small development, we’re one of the last house to be occupied and attempted to get connected 10 days back, have chased on three occasions. We have been told should have been done last Wednesday and was given an apology and that the would come Thursday. Called Friday as no show and spent 30 mins on phone to be told it’s a moving date, after another 10 mins i fathomed their “ moving date” means just that….. it keeps moving….. so no further forward …… HELP…. BT whom I hate is becoming more attractive. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If it's a new development the builder may have pre-installed cabling for Virgin and there should be some indication of this, sockets or blanking plates with Virgin logo inside, or a box on the outside wall.

Has that been done? If so the installation should not be difficult. If not you can expect the installation to be delayed day by day until a subcontractor gets round to putting in the cable. And they are never in a hurry. 

Sometimes on a new development Virgin will decide it's too much trouble or expense to cable it up, or there are other infrastructure limitations.  But that should not apply here since they have actually offered you an installation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Thanks just seem to be the latter, just no one to talk to that can give a straight answer, just very very frustrating. Thanks anyway

Hi @Mikebonn

Welcome to the community. 

Really sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed. If the outside works have not been completed there are few reasons out of our control that might be the causing this, such as waiting on permits and permissions to work on the roads/land belonging to a 3rd party or the council. 

What we can do is raise a complaint on the account and assign this to the installation complaints team to investigate the delay on your behalf with the area managers and contractors assigned to complete the work. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

hi as this is a new road and some customer are already installed i am sure it is simply just a matter pf connection as all permits and permissions have been granted, ..... waiting for the team to come and connect ...... does it really take that long?

Hey Mikebonn, thank you for reaching out and I can see you are in PM with my colleague.

However sometimes these kind of jobs can take longer to complete because we need to get planning permission.

I understand this is not ideal and the team will be working on getting this resolved soon as they can. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Guys

thanks for the replies, our outside work has been done on Thursday and they suggested I chase it up but told they need two men on site to complete the job? Been told unlikely to change from the 15th 🙁🙁