Menu
Renny917
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

installation date issues

I signed the contract and paid the £25 installation fee. i got told my installation date was on the 2nd july. some workers came and said they cant work here. I called up virgin support team and they said I need my neighbours permission to go through his front garden. I asked and he said no so i called back and was told my installation date was still the 2nd between 1 and 6pm, even after explaining what happened so far. I called back at just after 6 because no one contacted or turned up,. I was told that it was until 8pm. so i waited till then and called up because no one contacted or came round. virgin told me to call back the next day, so i did and was told my landlord which is orbit to give permission. I called orbit up and they said that they had virgin email them for permission for previous tennants to have virgin installed at their properties. I called the virgin team again and tried to give the email to them but they was reluctant to take it. I tried to contact via live messaging on the website and was cut off after 40 mins waiting so i called up and was told my installation date was yesterday. again no one came or called so i called today and was told the same again. how hard can it be to get this sorted.  I cant afford to take days off and wait for no one to turn up or bother calling to tell me whats happening. im doing all the chasing. feels like no one wants to sort this out. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: installation date issues

ok that's a lot to read and hard to read the way it has been formatted.

so is your neighbours permission still required? as they have said no that would be a show-stopper for you.
where has your landlords permission came into this?
0 Kudos
Renny917
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I dont need my neighbours permission. Apparently virgin should be contacting my landlord for permission. I gave the virgin support team the email but they seemed like they weren't bothered. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

afaik VM will not contact your landlord - if you need permission thats up to you to get - i would give the install team another ring and double check

Tony
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Renny917 wrote:

I dont need my neighbours permission. Apparently virgin should be contacting my landlord for permission. I gave the virgin support team the email but they seemed like they weren't bothered. 

so the bit where you said "I need my neighbours permission to go through his front garden" is no longer applicable?
or your landlord also your neighbours landlord?

either way, as stated above you need to provide the proof of permission, virgin won't seek it out.

0 Kudos