cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install in a shared house

roguewarrior69
Joining in

so I live in a shared house but for the life of me can not seem to find a socket for virgin so rang them up and explained I don't have one they gonna fit one my question is will they be running cables through this cabinet and up through up to my window I don't want it in the living room because other residents will have access to it could I ask the engineer to fit it in my room I have attached photo of the cabinet hope someone can help me

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@roguewarrior69 wrote:

so I live in a shared house but for the life of me can not seem to find a socket for virgin so rang them up and explained I don't have one they gonna fit one my question is will they be running cables through this cabinet and up through up to my window I don't want it in the living room because other residents will have access to it could I ask the engineer to fit it in my room I have attached photo of the cabinet hope someone can help me

Your photo hasn't come through and it is not clear what you are referring to when you mention a 'cabinet'.

From similar past topics, general comments would be ...

VM will install a connection from the plastic 'omnibox' on the front of your building (where the VM cable comes in from the street) assuming you have one.

If you don't already have a VM connection to the (shared) building then you may run into issues with the freeholder of the building/land in getting wayleave permission to install the cable (as well as landlord permission for cables and connection points made internally).

VM will generally install to first floor locations but not usually higher. If you are on a first floor location but on the opposite side of the building to any omnibox then there may be an issue bringing a cable to your location if there is no outside cable route.

Some more info on your setup and what is required should allow further comments from the forum.