cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install VM on provate road

nishu50
Joining in

Hi, I live on a private road in Woking. There is VM at the start of the road. I am looking to find if some one can help me, please.

Suresh 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not normally install in Private Roads. In public roads they hold a blanket permit to install. In Private Roads they would need a wayleave agreement from every household whether they are taking the service or not. Even if this is possible the cost of an "infill" build would be dependent on most of the households signing up for the service. Another thing not working in your favour is the requirement for full fibre overbuild in your street. The existing infrastructure in Woking is Hybrid Fibre Coaxial, which cannot be expanded without the risk of degrading network performance in the surrounding area. The nearest fibre feed could be up to 1Km away, requiring additional work in other streets to connect your road.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nishu50 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I agree with everything nodrogd's stated above.

I will however send you a PM to get some details, to see if there is anything further we can add to that after contacting the relevant team. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill