cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5 request

atiq
Superfast

hello

please could you tell me how do i get hub 5? i am using hub 3 with 500 speed and using orbi mesh which is quite exps solution now i got 3 o2 monthly 5g sim packages , thinking to buy orbi 5G , I Heared  hub 5 capable to used 5 and 6 g , so instead of buying org 6e can i get HUB 5 PLEASE

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @atiq 

The hub 5 isn't available for general release yet.

VM are sending out emails in batches to some cutomers inviting them to try the new hub. 

So it looks like they are testing it first before a full roll out.

There is a VM page https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst  which you could try.

Currently it's for the new IP based entertainment service, Stream. But keep a bookmark of that page to see if anything comes up for the hub5.

Yoy should also keep an eye on the Trials Forum in case they ask for volunteers there.

Also watch the Community Forums as Forum Staff/Mod Team will also post on here for volunteers when a new trial is due.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello atip

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to the Hub 5, we appreciate you taking the time to post your query via the forum.

As newapollo has advised, the Hub 5 has been sent to a limited number of customers to trial prior to it's launch. We aren't able to arrange these for customers not already selected for the trial. As soon as the Hub is available for general release we will advise customers here

If you're experiencing connection issues, we have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App https://virg.in/connectapp that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.

You can also give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 2 this will get you through to the Broadband technical team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Rob