Menu
kevandcaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hub 3 wifi connection

I posted back in may about a problem I was having. two days ago I managed to get someone from the gadget support team after virgin agreed to cover the cost to try and sort out as to why my amazon echo and security cameras had stopped connecting via wifi.

after 3 hours they managed to get the echo to work but not security cameras this was with them having remote access to my pc and mobile

today I set the hub to modem and bought a router and guess what everything works now so virgin please explain how it cannot be the hub 3 that had faults

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3 wifi connection

So legacy1 was correct back in May then 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM will just say they don't support security cameras and leave it at that, 3rd party routers are just better tested to work with many devices. I bet you couldn't even give VM a security cameras and say make this work with your hub.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thousands of WiFi security camera have been sold, but they can be useless as WiFi is so easy to jam and never totally reliable. Give me hard wired cameras anytime. Another point is most of them rely on having an Internet connection and we all know how reliable than can be. My cameras are hard wired and record  on a local device.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
kevandcaz
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yes I know hard wired is always better my point is that VM was saying the issues I was getting was down to the hardware I had and not the VM Hub 3

0 Kudos