Menu
at123
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

help me get Virgin on private driveway

Hi,

We are current Virgin broadband customers and we are moving house. Our new house (and one neighbours house) do not have Virgin but all the other houses on the road do. I am pretty sure it is due to the fact that our house is up a short but private drive (shared and owned by us and one neighbour).

We have had to cancel our Virgin Broadband but are desperate to get it installed in new house. Help call center wholly unhelpful (computer says no!). I have read on one message board where someone was advised by Forum team member that they needed a spotter and a number to call (not the wholly unhelpful call center number).

Could someone let me know who to call to get this ball rolling?

Many thanks,

Ana

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: help me get Virgin on private driveway

if it's a private drive owned by two parties then both parties need to give virgin permission to dig up the drive to lay cable.

however, that is only 1 part of the process. viring also need to be willing to do the work, and they will only do so if it's financially viable.
0 Kudos
at123
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of that. We are willing to contribute to costs. Can't do anything if we don't know who to contact!

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i don't think the option of contributing costs is available.
i'm sure someone will be along with the correct team to contact, but i wouldn't be giving the possibility of the desired outcome a very high percentage.
0 Kudos
lordwoody
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I find complaining to the top helps. I've had top results from eBay,UK Power Network, PayPal, John Lewis and Barclays. All the CEO's of big companies have a team of customer service personnel around them.

http://www.ceoemail.com

chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

complain about what though?
virgin don't have a legal requirement to provide a service to any property they choose not to. the decision will solely be a financial one.

on an unadopted road it's often more hassle than it's worth, hence why they are skipped.
lordwoody
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Complain is what I normally do, wrong word here though. What I was suggesting is to put the request to the CEO and my personal experience is that the customer service teams around CEO's are of a higher grade and generally a lot more helpful that normal customer service.There's no guarantee of a result, but my experience is that a lot more gets done, and more quickly. For the time it takes to write an email the OP may get a good result.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Unfortunately there are a lot of posts relating to this on here it will not make any difference who you contact if it's not practical or economical it won't happen.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The decision as to whether a connection is economically viable is made at local level, so no matter who you go to in the company they will always be guided by the local teams. 

If you were after a business connection VM would be using a leased line from BT to service your property, as even a business connection direct to the network would not be viable. I would hasten to add that business connections are far more expensive & TV services cannot be carried on them.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped