cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet has stopped working

paul_mck
Just joined

My ethernet connection has stopped working. Wifi is working fine. I have tried on two laptops and both showing no connections available. It was working fine last night and nothing has changed overnight physically.

I have tried turning the router on and off and also done a hard reset.

Tried calling support and auto test indicated there was an issue with the router which required a reset but nothing has changed since the reset.

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder
You could call it in as a fault on 150
It'll ask you to reboot the hub (as you already have done - don't)
You will then be cut off
Wait a couple of minutes
Call 150 again - report a broadband fault - The system will recognise that you called before and transfer you to a person!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul_mck wrote:

<snip>  I have tried turning the router on and off and also done a hard reset.

Tried calling support and auto test indicated there was an issue with the router which required a reset but nothing has changed since the reset.

Did you do the full 60 second pin hole reset?  Remove any ethernet cables and press the reset for a full 60 seconds.  DO NOT reboot the Hub, but leave it to do it's thing.   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, 

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. I've done remote diagnostic and our record show that you have since been in touch with our phone care team to have the issues addressed.

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C