Menu
Highlighted
bremma2009
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

engineer didnt turn up

we joined virgin 4 years ago but we didnt have our own cable to our property so the engineer split ours from next door as they werent using it and said he would book a relay which would be about 6 weeks nothing ever came of it and our signal for all 3 services had been pretty good bar the wifi not being consitent and would keep dropping out randomly but nothing major so we just left it , 2 years ago whilst the neighbours were cutting their bush they went through the wire leaving us without all services for 9 days, when this engineer came out he was so shocked with the set up that he wanted to know who installed it as it must have been a stroke of luck that the above was all we had experienced and im not technically minded but whatever the box/splitter thing is just inside my wall he told me they stopped using them about 8 years ago he completely rewired it inside our property and now we have to have some booster thing connected via electric to stop the wifi dropping out and its worked fine since but we have been trying to get a relay now since as we have had problems with the neighbours (nothing nasty) just awkwardness because of the language barrier and they feel they cant cut their bush etc etc but i kept getting told by virgin there is no problem with your services so they dont need to relay. So after 4 years of having virgin and 2 fighting for a relay i finally get through to someone who understands when i explain to him the neighbours and how much electric im using having this booster connected which might be pence per day or however much but surely over 2 years builds up, I finally get a engineer appointment today between 1pm-6pm great so i swap shifts at work (now got to work saturday DONT DO WEEKENDS) and no one turns up so i was gonna phone tomorrow to complain however i get a phone call from the offices at 6.05pm saying the engineer called at 5.15pm and no one was at home so can we rebook now....... if theres one thing i cant stand its being lied to especially as its someone your paying for a service so i said can i stop you right there i have been in all day i live in a quiet cul de sac which my living room looks out onto and i can see right up to the adjoining road from my sofa so dont tell me that and do not lie to me he turned round and said its not our fault if you werent in so can we rebook for thursday am i said no im at work and im not rearranging another shift he said ok i understand so shall i go ahead and book that slot then!!!!!!!!! aaaarggggghhhh!!!!! i lost it at this point and said do you honestly think im going to rearrange shifts and work a saturday when my kids are home just to pop out or whatever i said your talking rubbish get me a manager im not going to be lied to or spoken to like that he said there wasnt one i said well there better be or i will cancel my direct debit and join someone else and you can chase me for whatever charges because im not being spoken to like that and paying for the privelege he said one will call me within 10 minutes. 5 minutes later the same man phoned back and said he still couldnt get a manager to speak to me but he spoke to one on my behalf and the engineer in question had another 2 jobs then he would be round most likely within a hour but should it be any longer he will contact me directly..........get to 7.30pm still no sign so i phone back ask to speak to a manager im told im not allowed to they are no longer allowed to transfer calls so i tell the new person whats happened and he says i wouldnt have been told that because the engineers are only booked on till 6pm and wont start new jobs after this time and that they have no way of contacting engineers directly so there was no way this other advisor could have been in contact so now im absolutely fuming i ask him to let me speak to a manager approx 10 times he kept refusing saying a manager will not tell you anything different only to rebook i said rebookings not the problem its the lies and the vile service i have received today i want something doing about it its not acceptable and i will withold money until something is resolved by way of apology as im not being spoken to or treated like that he still refused so i asked his name upon doing this he gave me his name i said right now i have your name im emailing as high up the chain as i can get im disgusted..... at this point he offered me a supervisor call back tomorrow between 10am and 12pm but now im left with very little faith that this will happen or im going to end going over the same stuff over and over are people there that silly not to realise if you go to the extent of swapping shifts and having to work a saturday which isnt in my contract the last thing im going to do is go out.Sorry in advance for long rant just so frustrated and im absolutely appauled at what has been said to me

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: engineer didnt turn up

Hi bremma2009,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the experience that you've had up to now, when speaking to members of our team. It's really not the level of service we'd expect, and I'd like to hope we can change this going forward.

In regards to your services, it sounds like we'll need to get someone out again. I understand that you have work commitments, so we'd need to find a day that is suitable for you.

I'm glad to hear that you have a manager call back booked in for tomorrow, can you please keep us updated with how that goes and if you manage to get another appointment booked in. 

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
bremma2009
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

thanks for replying its not so much the getting rebooked thats the issue that will happen i know its the lies i have received today which is the issue had they called and said that the engineer had had a bad day and overun etc etc fair enoough move on but to lie and then accuse me of lying is disgusting

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

See the Virgin Media Automatic Compensation Scheme, Paragraphs 18 to 25: https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

Credit for a missed engineer appointment relating to the installation or repair of a fixed line or broadband service

18. Subject to paragraph 35 (exclusions), Virgin Media shall credit a customer if:

a. an engineer appointment is required for the provision or repair of a fixed line or broadband service; and

b. Virgin Media confirms the engineer appointment to the customer and the customer agrees to meet this appointment; and

c. the engineer does not attend at the confirmed appointment provided.

19. Credit does not apply if Virgin Media gives notice of a change or cancellation of the appointment at least 24 hours’ in advance of the original appointment or if the customer otherwise agrees to a change in the appointment time for the same day.

20. Credit does not apply if an appointment is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance of the original appointment due to either Virgin Media or the customer identifying that the original issue has been resolved and no longer requires an engineer visit. Virgin Media, or an agent on its behalf, shall record a change to the agreed appointment which may be made by a customer service agent on the phone, SMS request or by an alternative means.

21. Credit payable shall be a fixed amount of £25 per incident.

22. As soon as Virgin Media is aware that an appointment has been missed, credit payment will be made without the customer being required to request it.

23. If a customer contacts Virgin Media to inform it that the appointment was missed and this is confirmed, a payment shall be processed once the missed appointment is validated by Virgin Media.

24. Credit will be in the form of a bill credit.

25. Virgin Media reserves the right to pass on any costs it incurs if a customer misses an agreed appointment.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I can only apologise for the experience you've had up to now, and hope that we can do better going forward.

Please keep us updated when you receive your call tomorrow, and let us know if there is anything more we can do to help.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
bremma2009
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As suspected no phone call between 10&12 as promised yet again how many times in 24 hours can you lie to me and fob me off 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi bremma2009,

Thank you for coming back to us, Have you received your callback yet.?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
bremma2009
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

how much more disgusting can your customer service get so on wednesday last week i phoned to say no one had called back and i wouldnt have been told between 10&12 because there is no is time slot given and a call back is between 24-48 hours i told him dont accuse me of lying again this is what ive been told if your customer service people cant get there facts right about the service you offer do not try and turn it round on me now can i speak to a manager i got transfered through to the floor manager abhishek who finally gave some clarification and set the ball rolling he would upscale the complaint but couldnt comment on it as it wasnt his department and then went on to rebbok my relay appointment for monday 22nd july 1-6pm. So on friday i receive the phonecall regarding my complaint i didnt get this mans name but again very helpful listened to the conversations back apologised on behalf of virgin because of the messing around and being accused of lying he was so disgusted he was upscaling it internally for further training as no customer should be spoken to in this way he credited the account with £20 as a goodwill gesture and confirmed my appointment was still ok. So finally everythings getting sorted how wrong was i monday 22nd 1 hour before my scheduled appointment i get a phonecall saying the engineer is not going to make it can we rebook for the 25th i said no not after the hassle i had last week im not going through that again i said if you check my file youll see ive been through a manager and complaints procedure its not good enough she said let me make a few phone calls and i will call you back in a few minutes this never happened instead i had two engineers turn up at 16.30 to REPAIR MY BROADBAND i said its supposed to be for a relay they said they only just the job as a emergency call out as my broadband was down he looked at the wire to see if there was anything he could do but couldnt and told me hed spoke to his manager it is the relay team i need and they will be out today am appointment. AGAIN no one has been so ive phoned to complain the 1st lady i spoke to said there is no appointment booked for today i asked to speak to a manager i was told i wasnt allowed i had to be transfered to appointments when i spoke to someone there she said there is appointment but she cant tell why he hasnt turned up and said she will transfer me to technical who can chase it up when i got transfered the line went dead, so i phoned back refused to tell the person the problem as i didnt want to keep explaining it over and over he transfered me to a manager i was in the process of explaining and the line went dead again i immediately phoned back told the person what had happened and asked to speak to a manager and within the 4 minutes of being cutting off and speaking to this man has now been told all the managers have gone to a meeting. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PATHETIC SHAMBLES OF A CUSTOMER SERVICE I PREDICT NOW I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR AROUND 5 HOURS COMBINED FROM START TO FINISH AND IM STILL NO FURTHER FOWARD SHALL I JUST CANCEL MY DIRECT DEBIT AND THEN WHEN YOU CHASE ME TELL YOU WHY BECAUSE THIS IS PATHETIC I POSTED ON HERE LOOKING FOR HELP IM SO FRUSTRATED

0 Kudos
bremma2009
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

how much more disgusting can your customer service get so on wednesday last week i phoned to say no one had called back and i wouldnt have been told between 10&12 because there is no is time slot given and a call back is between 24-48 hours i told him dont accuse me of lying again this is what ive been told if your customer service people cant get there facts right about the service you offer do not try and turn it round on me now can i speak to a manager i got transfered through to the floor manager abhishek who finally gave some clarification and set the ball rolling he would upscale the complaint but couldnt comment on it as it wasnt his department and then went on to rebbok my relay appointment for monday 22nd july 1-6pm. So on friday i receive the phonecall regarding my complaint i didnt get this mans name but again very helpful listened to the conversations back apologised on behalf of virgin because of the messing around and being accused of lying he was so disgusted he was upscaling it internally for further training as no customer should be spoken to in this way he credited the account with £20 as a goodwill gesture and confirmed my appointment was still ok. So finally everythings getting sorted how wrong was i monday 22nd 1 hour before my scheduled appointment i get a phonecall saying the engineer is not going to make it can we rebook for the 25th i said no not after the hassle i had last week im not going through that again i said if you check my file youll see ive been through a manager and complaints procedure its not good enough she said let me make a few phone calls and i will call you back in a few minutes this never happened instead i had two engineers turn up at 16.30 to REPAIR MY BROADBAND i said its supposed to be for a relay they said they only just the job as a emergency call out as my broadband was down he looked at the wire to see if there was anything he could do but couldnt and told me hed spoke to his manager it is the relay team i need and they will be out today am appointment. AGAIN no one has been so ive phoned to complain the 1st lady i spoke to said there is no appointment booked for today i asked to speak to a manager i was told i wasnt allowed i had to be transfered to appointments when i spoke to someone there she said there is appointment but she cant tell why he hasnt turned up and said she will transfer me to technical who can chase it up when i got transfered the line went dead, so i phoned back refused to tell the person the problem as i didnt want to keep explaining it over and over he transfered me to a manager i was in the process of explaining and the line went dead again i immediately phoned back told the person what had happened and asked to speak to a manager and within the 4 minutes of being cutting off and speaking to this man has now been told all the managers have gone to a meeting. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PATHETIC SHAMBLES OF A CUSTOMER SERVICE I PREDICT NOW I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR AROUND 5 HOURS COMBINED FROM START TO FINISH AND IM STILL NO FURTHER FOWARD SHALL I JUST CANCEL MY DIRECT DEBIT AND THEN WHEN YOU CHASE ME TELL YOU WHY BECAUSE THIS IS PATHETIC I POSTED ON HERE LOOKING FOR HELP IM SO FRUSTRATED
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi bremma2009,

Very sorry to hear this, is is certainly not the experience we would want for you.

What was the latest update you have been given about getting the cable sorted going forward?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos